So last semester, my roommates and I got a bit-- addicted, you could say-- to watching Food Network (our favorite show?
Chopped). Maybe it's because my family never had cable at home, or maybe it is just because I love to cook... Either way, it has inspired us to try some exciting creations. :) Around the end of the semester, we decided to make a chocolate souffle one night. It actually turned out really good! However, we didn't have the fancy dishes we were supposed to cook it in, so we just made it in my lovely purple mugs.
Here is our lovely chocolate souffle. Bekah wouldn't be in the picture. Humph.
Oh, and how could I forget about the time we tried to make grilled pineapple?
This past weekend I went up to Provo to visit. Bekah had the brilliant idea of making Baked Alaska! I wanted to make creme brulee. So why not make both? We had a couple of days. Only this time, we bought legit ramekins to cook them in. (Blessing: they were even on sale!) We were supposed to be borrowing a blow torch for both of them, but we ended up not borrowing it and just making do with the oven broiler. I thought they both still tasted mighty fine! There is also a picture of our breakfast that was happy to see us. :)
Bon Appetit!
P.S. Here are some cute pictures this weekend of my Grandparents. My grandpa, who had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago (see
here), is doing much better!
Minders.. I love the show CHOPPED too! It makes me want to cook yummier food, and try new things! Someday, I hope to take cooking classes and learn what all those terms mean they use a lot.. carmelizing, seeping. I don't remember what they are~ Anyway, you look great, and so good to see your g-parents looking good too!
ReplyDelete