Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Let's just say that I shouldn't be allowed to go to Walmart the day after Easter. I had a little candy  shopping spree. But can you blame me for buying so much? It was like $1.34 a bag; I just couldn't pass that up. Besides, I really got most of it for my mom to put in her "candy supply." This is a win-win situation: Mom having chocolate means she gets some, and usually she is nice enough to share with me too! (Note: This picture isn't even all of it. :) Didn't want to look like even MORE of a sugar addict.)




The boys thought they were too cool to decorate eggs with us this year. Mom, Allie, and I happily took over. Unfortunately, I am realizing more and more the lack of artistic talent I have. My idea of a cool egg was if I was patient enough to let it sit in the dye until it was a solid, bold color. This is Allie's idea of a cool egg:




Sigh. I felt a little silly coloring eggs once Allie started. I couldn't help but envy all of hers! :) I still had fun making all of the colors of the rainbow though. All in all, I think our Easter eggs turned out pretty cool. ( I made all of the ones on the left row! :) )



Sunday after church we went to Ogden to visit Grandma and Grandpa Beckett. It was such a nice visit, and both of them looked SO healthy and happy!






 Looking back, we all wish we could have treasured our time that day with them more. Little did we know that we would be rushing back to Ogden later on, but this time to the hospital. Later that night Grandpa had a heart attack, and now has a long recovery process. I am so thankful for Easter though, and all the hope and joy that it brings! We watched Elder Holland's Easter talk with Grandma and Grandpa that day.Grandpa was so tender and sweet with tears just streaming down his face as he watched. Both of them are such great examples to me and I love them so much.

Last night, I was able to go up to the hospital with my dad. Grandpa seemed so well considering what he has been through. He has a tube down his throat and is hooked up to many machines, so he can't talk or communicate much.


I can't tell you how much it meant to me when he would squeeze my hand or try to smile. And when we had to leave, he gave us the "I Love You" sign.





I sure love you Grandpa! You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Please hide the Easter candy picture from Dad or I'll be busted! I love the pictures of Grandpa and what you wrote; it was definitely a tender day. Cherish every day with the people you love, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a precious post, Shoobie! I love the picture of your grandpa's hand making the I love you sign. And good job at blogging! I'm loving all you did with your cute layout.
    At least you guys colored eggs...we still have a refrigerator full of eggs and an unopened package of egg dye.

    ReplyDelete